Nepal Visa Information
Nationals of SAARC countries and China do not need visas when visiting Nepal.
Tourist entry visa can be obtained for the following duration from Nepal Embassy/ Consulate or Mission offices abroad, or at the following immigration offices in Nepal:
- Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu
- Kakarvitta, Jhapa (Eastern Nepal)
- Birgunj, Parsa (Central Nepal)
- Kodari, Sindhupalchowk (Northern Border)
- Belhiya, Bhairahawa (Rupandehi, Western Nepal)
- Jamuna, Nepalgunj (Banke, Mid Western Nepal)
- Mohana, Dhangadhi (Kailali, Far Western Nepal)
- Gaddachauki, Mahendranagar (Kanchanpur, Far Western Nepal)
2. Tourist Visa
- Multiple entry 15 days US$ 30 or equivalent convertible currency
- Multiple entry 30 days US$ 50 or equivalent convertible currency
- Multiple entry 90 days US$ 125 or equivalent convertible currency
3. Tourist Visa Extension
The Visa extension fee for 15 days or less is US $ 45 or equivalent convertible currency and visa extension fee for more than 15 days is US$ 3 per day Tourist visa can be extended for a maximum period of 150 days in a single visa year (January – December). In the case of delay less than 150 days additional USD 5 per day as late fine.
4. Gratis (free) Visa
Gratis Visa is issued free of cost in case of following categories of Visa applicants:
- Children below 10 years
- Up to 30 days for SAARC Citizen (except Afghanistan) visiting Nepal for the first time in a given visa Year. Afghan citizen are eligible for Gratis Visa on Arrival only upon the recommendation of Department of Immigration. If you are an Afghan citizen, you can request concerned institution inviting you to Nepal for necessary paperwork with Department of Immigration to get you Gratis Visa 'On Arrival'.
- Non Residential Nepalese(NRN) card holder ( issued by MoFA /Nepalese diplomatic missions abroad)
- Chinese Nationals
Officials from China, Brazil, Russia and Thailand do not need Entry Visa based on reciprocal visa waiver Agreement
Visas of all kinds including ‘Gratis’ issued at the Airport are Tourist Visas. Contact Department of Immigration for extending your visa or changing the category of your visa. Tourist Visa extension can be done from Immigration Office, Pokhara too. Non tourist visa extension can be done only at Department of Immigration (if eligible) for a period of maximum one year (except business visa).
5. Transit Visa
Transit visa for one day can be obtained from Nepal's immigration offices at the entry points upon the production of departure flight ticket via Tribhuvan International Airport in Nepal, by paying US$ 5 or equivalent convertible currency.
As per the rule, Indian nationals do not require visa. However, effective from October 2000, Indians travelling to Nepal by air have to show upon arrival at entry point a valid photo identity like a passport, voter's identity or an identify card issued by the Indian government. Temporary identity card with photographs issued by Nepal-based Indian diplomatic missions is considered in case of exception. Children under 10 years need not show any identification.